Job announcements for government positions within the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) are posted on USAJobs.gov. Click here to see a list of current openings.
Pentagon Police Requirements for Employment
The PFPA seeks highly qualified and motivated applicants to serve as uniformed Federal Police Officers at the Pentagon, and at the Raven Rock Mountain Complex in Adams County, PA. Please check USAJobs regularly for open positions.
- Be a United States citizen
- Have at least 1 year of police experience or a Bachelor's degree, in Criminal Justice or a related field, from an accredited university or college.
- Be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Possess a valid drivers license and good driving record
- Have no felony convictions.
- Have no criminal convictions involving domestic violence.
- Successfully complete an oral interview, medical examination, physical fitness evaluation, drug test, and background check.
- Successfully complete a 12-week, basic police-training program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Georgia.
- Successfully complete a 12-week, in-house training-and-evaluation program after finishing FLETC and returning to the Pentagon.
- If prior active-duty military, you must have a DD-Form 214 showing an honorable discharge.
- All candidates will be given a thorough physical examination and a physical evaluation battery
- Vision must be at least 20/20 in each eye, or correctable to 20/20 in both eyes.
- Successfully pass a requisite hearing test.
The Pentagon Force Protection Agency uses the National Police Officer Selection Test (POST) examination. Each section of the exam evaluates a different critical job function required of Pentagon Police Officers. This nationally recognized exam is generally scheduled the same day as the physical ability test and oral board interview. The POST is made up of four sections:
- Reading Comprehension
- Report Writing Skills
To prepare for the written exam, applicants are encouraged to use this prescribed study guide.
Benefits and Compensation
- Police Officers earn a starting salary of $59,982 - $63,970 (Full performance at $110,038). (An officer’s salary varies, depending on his/her experience.)
- Overtime is compensated at the rate of 1–1/2 times your hourly rate.
- Night shift is paid at an additional 10% of the hourly rate.
- Sunday premium is paid at 25% of base salary.
- Annual leave is earned for total service at a rate of 13 days during the first three years, 20 days for 3-plus years to 15 years, 26 days for 15-plus years.
- Sick leave is earned at a rate of 13 days per year, regardless of years of service, 10 paid holidays annually.
- A government retirement program and Thrift Savings Plan are available.
- Medical and dental insurance, as well as long–term care insurance, are offered.
- Police officers may qualify for National Capital Region's transit benefit program.
- Uniforms, laundry, and equipment are furnished at no cost to the officer.
- A world-class, onsite fitness center is provided free of charge.
Once you have successfully completed all phases of your recruit training and have the required time-in-grade, you may apply for specialized training and assignments in the following areas.
For questions about employment with the PFPA, contact our Recruiting Office at 703-571-8000 or email us.