PENTAGON VISITOR INFORMATION
The Pentagon is the headquarters of the Department of Defense, a military command center, and a secure facility.
Visiting the Pentagon requires all of the following:
- Background check (for individuals 18 years of age or older)
- Valid identification
- Security screening prior to entering the building
- All visitors must be pre-registered by their sponsor prior to their visit. This requirement extends to family and personal guests. Sponsors can pre-register a visitor, by visiting: https://visitorsponsor.pfpa.mil (CAC enabled).
- Visiting DoD civilians, military personnel with a current CAC, and intelligence community personnel with a U.S. government “blue badge” are not required to be pre-registered; however, it is strongly encouraged to expedite access into the building.
- Walk-in visitors who are not pre-registered may experience longer processing times. There is no guarantee that walk-in visitors will be processed in time for their appointment or meeting times.
- Visitors will not be allowed access during weekends, holidays, and after-hours unless they have been pre-registered.
- All visitors require a sponsor for entry into the building.
Official Pentagon tours are provided by the Office of the Secretary of Defense Public Affairs Office.
Sponsors and Visitors
For more information, visit: https://pentagontours.osd.mil/Tours/
A sponsor is a DoD employee or contractor with a current DoD Common Access Card (CAC) who has swipe access into the Pentagon and escort privileges.
A Pentagon visitor is:
Visitor Entrance Location and Operating Hours
- Anyone without authorized access to the Pentagon
- Government and DoD employee or card holder who does not have access to the Pentagon
- Pentagon tour participants
Forms of Identification
- The Pentagon Visitor Entrance is located adjacent to the Pentagon Metro Entrance.
- Pentagon Visitor Entrance hours: Monday - Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Visitors who require an escort prior to 6:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. must be accompanied by their escort at the Pentagon Visitor Entrance.
- On weekends, holidays, and after hours (8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.), DoD badge holders and approved visitors on the Visitor Access Roster must enter the building through the Corridor 2 entrance.
All visitors 18 years of age or older will be required to present a valid government-issued photo identification or passport on the day of the visit. For a list of valid forms of identification needed for Pentagon access, visit the following link: Acceptable ID List
Note: Visitors 17 years of age and under require no identification when accompanied by an adult with a Pentagon building pass or valid form of identification.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
The use of cameras or other visual recording devices on the Pentagon Reservation is prohibited.
- All animals, except service animals for persons with disabilities
- Explosives, weapons, and alcohol
- Bladed, edged, or sharp weapons; knives with blades 2.5 inches in length or longer
- Bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, tricycles, or any other self-propelled or motor-powered personal transport (e.g., Segway). This criterion does not include medical mobility equipment.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Oleoresin capsicum (OC) (“pepper spray”), if more than 1 ounce (28 grams)
Contact the Pentagon Pass Office at 703-695-5923 with any questions.
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Parking Office - Pentagon: 703-697-6251, Mark Center: 571-372-7100 or 7144.
Special Needs: - Scooters 703-693-3683, Wheel Chairs 703-697-7351