Guidelines for Requesting an American Flag(s) Flown Over the Pentagon
- The requestor must provide the flag. All requests must be submitted no more than 15 business days in advance and the least must be 5 business days from date of receipt of the flag if you are mailing the flag(s) please add on an additional week.
- Each returned flag will be accompanied by a certificate verifying the date upon which the flag was flown and the name of the person for whom the flag was flown.
- The requestor (without Pentagon access) must provide within the package return postage from the post office or another requestor pre-paid shipping method (i.e. FedEx or UPS Air Bill with an account number or postage stamps) for the flag and certificate to be returned.(The Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) cannot accept cash, money orders or checks for the return postage. PFPA is not responsible for providing return postage or packaging.)
- The requestor will be notified immediately to arrange for shipping if return postage or another paid shipping method is not received with the flag so that the flag and certificate can be returned. (Due to limited space flag(s) cannot be held for more than 30 days from date of receipt.)
- A typed or printed letter of request must accompany the flag and contain the following information:
- The name of the person and organization of the flag recipient.
- The occasion the flag will be flown for, if any (e.g. retirements, anniversary, birthday, etc.)
- Verbiage on certificate goes up to 32 spaces total.
- The specific date the flag is requested to be flown on. If no date is specified, the flag will be flown 15 business days after receipt of the flag.
- The point of contact's name, address, and their telephone number (commercial and/or DSN) and email address.
- Requestors with Pentagon access my go directly to 5B890 during the hours specified below:
IF YOU HAVE PENTAGON ACCESS:
WRITTEN REQUESTS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED TO: