Semper Vigilans - Always Vigilant

Interactive Custer Evaluation Image

The Pentagon Force Protection Agency


  1. How do I report Suspicious Activities at the Pentagon or Pentagon facility?
  2. Click here to report a suspicious activity report, call 703-697-1001, or notify a police officer. Remember the most effective weapons against terrorism are your eyes & ears. If you see something, say something.

  3. How can I become a Pentagon police officer?
  4. Contact our Recruiting Division at (703) 571-8000.

  5. How do I apply for a job with PFPA?
  6. All Job announcements for government positions within PFPA on For current job listings click here.

  7. Where can I get a building pass?
  8. Building passes and Common Access Cards (CAC) can be obtained in the Pentagon. For more info click here.

  9. Where can I park on the Pentagon Reservation?
  10. TThere are several types of parking permits issued. To obtain an individual parking permit, the individual must contact their agency division representative to see if they meet the requirements and availability. If the agency determines your eligibility to obtain a permit, they will process all the appropriate documents. For more info click here.

  11. Can I have an American Flag flown over the Pentagon?
  12. Yes, you can. The requestor must provide the flag. All requests must be submitted 15 business days in advance and the least must be 5 business days from date of receipt of the flag if you are mailing the flag(s) please add on an additional week. For more info click here.

  13. Where is the lost and found?
  14. The Lost and Found is located in the Pentagon Library Conference Center - Room BH885. For more info click here.

  15. Can I get a tour of the Pentagon?
  16. Yes. All guided tours of the Pentagon are free and are available to schools, educational organizations and other select groups by reservation only. Tours are conducted Monday through Friday during normal working hours. Tours are not conducted on weekends or Federal holidays. For more info click here.

  17. What do I need to do if I want to visit the Pentagon or one of the other facilities?
  18. Every visitor must have a sponsor, who is responsible for initiating the pre-registration process. A sponsor is a Department of Defense (DoD) employee or contractor with a current DoD Common Access Card (CAC) who has swipe access into the Pentagon and escort privileges. Once the request is submitted, the visitor will receive an e-mail with a secure web link to a visitor portal. The visitor then can enter his/her name, date of birth, and Social Security Number (SSN) (or, for non-U.S. visitors, a passport number). It is important that the visitor respond as soon as possible to the email requesting this information. The secure link is active and available for two weeks (14 calendar days). It is critical the sponsor and visitor enter all information correctly and thoroughly.

  19. I have a Common Access Card (CAC), but I am not assigned for duty at the Pentagon, Mark Center or the Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ) Building: am I considered a visitor?
  20. Yes, a government employee with an active CAC who is not assigned to the Pentagon, Mark Center or the Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ) Building still needs a sponsor to submit their visit requests; however, they do not require an escort while in the building. Moreover, during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.), visiting DoD civilians, military personnel with a current CAC, and intelligence community personnel with a U.S. government blue badge are not required to pre-register. All visitors are strongly encouraged to pre-register to expedite their access into the building and avert delays. Pre-registration is required for visiting DoD civilians and visiting military personnel after-hours, on weekends, and on holidays.

  21. How will I be notified if I have been approved to enter the building?
  22. If their visit request has been approved, visitors will receive an automatically-generated system or portal email. Their sponsor also will be notified. If a visit has been denied, then the prospective visitor will not receive any such email.

  23. What identification do I need to bring with me?
  24. All pre-registered visitors must bring an appropriate government-issued identification card or passport on the day of the visit. A list of what constitutes appropriate government-issued identification is included by clicking this link: “Required Identification for Pentagon Access

  25. If I am approved for a visit, where do I go when I arrive at the Pentagon?
  26. Visitors should proceed to the Pentagon Visitor Entrance, which is adjacent to the Pentagon Metro.

  27. I visited two months ago. Do I need to submit a new request?
  28. Yes, once a visit has expired, a new visitation request must be submitted. However, when a visitor pre-registers a second time, the online portal retains his/her information and prepopulates most of the fields. So the pre-registration process is less time-consuming the second time around.

  29. What happens if my pre-registration information was submitted less than one business day prior to visit?
  30. Then you are risking a delayed entry into the building and possibly missing your meeting or appointment time. The visit may still be approved; however, PFPA cannot guarantee that the visit will be approved in time. Your access may be delayed.

  31. How long will walk-in visitors have to wait for approval to enter the building?
  32. The wait time for walk-in visitors depends on the time of day and the number of visitors not pre-registered. The wait time may be minutes or it may be hours. If you wish to avoid administrative delays and hassle, then pre-register. That is your only guarantee for timely entry into the building.


Protecting Those Who Protect Our Nation Link to Facebook Link to Twitter Link to Flickr Link to YouTube