Building Passes

Semper Vigilans - Always Vigilant

Interactive Custer Evaluation Image

The Pentagon Force Protection Agency


Pentagon Access Control Branch (PACB)

The Pentagon Access Control Branch (PACB) is located in Room 1F1084 (Metro Entrance) at the Pentagon.

This office services DoD employees who require a building pass, which includes DoD civilians and contractors, as well as all branches of the military who require a Common Access Card (CAC). PACB is not a full service DEERS facility. Please remember that we cannot make dependent or retiree ID cards.

To locate additional DEERS/RAPIDS sites, visit the RAPIDS site locator at Call to verify information before visiting a site.

Hours of Operation

Building Pass:


Common Access Card (CAC):


DoD Building Pass

Please contact your agency's Authorizing Official (AO) or security manager to obtain a DD Form 2249, “DoD Building Pass Application.” DD Form 2249 is a controlled form and is only available through the Authorizing Official or your security manager. If you are not sure who this is, contact your security manager for more information. DoD building passes can be renewed up to three months in advance. The best time to come is in the middle of the month. Avoid the rush at the end of the month by renewing early!

Initial Building Pass Issuance:

Two forms of ID are required: One must be local, state, or federal government issued ID card that bears a photo (e.g., current/expired building pass, passport, driver´s license) and an ID that bear the applicant´s Social Security number (i.e., Social Security card or voter registration card). If the applicant is a non–U.S. citizen, ensure he or she brings in the originals of the Social Security and alien registration cards.

DD Form 2249 signed by the applicant´s Authorizing Officials (AO).

Building Pass Renewal:

Two forms of identification and your expiring building pass (if you still have it in your possession) must be brought to the Pentagon, Room 1F1084. No further ID is required for U.S. citizens. If the applicant is a non-U.S. citizen, ensure he or she brings in the original Social Security cards and Alien Registration card.

DD Form 2249 signed by the applicant´s Authorizing Officials (AO).

For general questions not answered on this site, call 703.697.9327.

Common Access Card (CAC)

CAC applicants are accepted on a walk-in basis. Our CAC section services DoD civilians and contractors, as well as all branches of the military. However, the PACD CAC section can ONLY issue CAC cards.

Two forms of identification are required for initial and renewal CAC's. Must bring expiring CAC.

Please go online to make an appointment:


Contact your sponsoring agency´s POC to request access as a visitor. We cannot directly sponsor visitors. All visit requests must be for official business only. For general questions about the Visitor Access Control Roster, call 703.697.9327.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Important Phone Numbers


Access to Building

Parking Permits

Protecting Those Who Protect Our Nation Link to Facebook Link to Twitter Link to Flickr Link to YouTube